How to Request a GHVP Unit HQS Inspection
Please read the below guidance and consider reviewing the training video before you attempt to submit an inspection request. Submitting the wrong request type can result in scheduling delays.
This form is only intended to be completed by DBHDD authorized providers working with GHVP.
You can watch a training video on how to complete the HQS Inspection Request
(the training includes the RFTA process as well)
The inspection type affects the way caseworkers, landlords, and tenants are notified of an inspection date. Please make sure the correct coding is marked on the inspection request (INITIAL, ANNUAL, SPECIAL). The procedures for notifications are as follows:
Annuals/Specials - Individual in Unit
- The inspection is scheduled by inspector.
- The appointment letter is emailed to the caseworker and landlord (if we received an email address for the landlord).
- The appointment letter is mailed to the tenant and the landlord.
Initials - Individual not yet in Unit
- The inspector contacts the landlord (by phone or email) to schedule the inspection within 24 business hours of receiving the request.
- No appointment letters are mailed for initials as they are done as soon as possible
Completing the Form
You must complete all required fields and sign the form to submit the inspection request.
A confirmation email will be sent to you to authenticate the contact email provided is yours.
All GHVP units must be inspected and pass inspection prior to move-in, as well as each year prior to lease renewal, to ensure all housing units continue to meet federal housing quality standards.
- For initial inspections, within one business day of receiving the request for inspection, DCA will contact the property owner to schedule an appointment.
- Inspections will be scheduled within a maximum of 10 business days from the time of the request if the unit is available.
- DCA seeks to schedule as quickly and will seek the earliest date possible.
- Inspections are only conducted on weekdays. Not on weekends.
Receiving Updates on the Inspection
- DCA will alert the requesting agency of the scheduling of the inspection and the results of the inspection using the provided contact information.
- DCA will use the landlord contact information to reach out to the landlord to schedule initial inspections and to make them aware of the results of any inspection.
- You can contact the GHVP Inspection Team at DCA using the contact information below.
Please ensure accuracy of all provided information to help facilitate the inspection process. DBHDD maintains a record of all inspection requests.
GHVP Inspection Provider
Through a state partnership with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA), DCA is serving as the inspecting agency on behalf of DBHDD in DBHDD’s Regions 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.
Have a Question about an Inspection? Need to Reschedule?
If you have a question about a scheduled inspection, inspection results, the inspection process, or need to reschedule an appointment, contact DCA's Inspection Team via these dedicated channels: