GHVP Unit Inspections in Region 3 are conducted by a third-party inspection vendor, McCright Associates.
Inspections requests should be submitted by a DBHDD Provider on behalf of a GHVP participant following the below standard operating procedures (SOP).
How to Schedule an Inspection
Region 3 DBHDD providers working with GHVP are presented with step-by-step reference instructions on how to submit a request for an initial GHVP housing unit inspection via the McCright & Associates portal site.
Section 1: Response Timeframe
After a provider submits the initial on-line request, the scheduling process should begin within the next business day to determine the date and time for a site unit inspection between McCright & Associates and the Landlord/Tenant.
Section 2: Housing Quality Standard Compliance and Inspection Process Accountability
Housing Inspection Protocols
- McCright & Associates is the certified third-party professional engaged by DBHDD to perform Region 3 housing unit inspections.
- All housing units in the Georgia Housing Voucher Program should meet federal Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection protocols.
- Please ensure the housing unit is ready for inspection prior to submitting the initial inspection request. You can find a sample inspection checklist attached to this article for reference.
Section 3: McCright & Associates Inspection Portal
How to log-in to eMIMS
Note: There are specific individuals at each provider agency that will have access to this portal. If you are not the selected staff with access, please refer to your agency supervisor to determine who is authorized to submit the inspection request.
- Caution: Do not submit requests for annual renewals in the portal. Annual renewals will be submitted and coordinated directly by DBHDD regional staff and McCright & Associates.
- Follow this URL or type it directly into your browser: http://emims.mccright.com
- Pro-tip: Bookmark the URL for easy access in the future.
- Login with your designated Username and Password information provided by the McCright & Associates administrative staff. See Figure 1 below.
Section 4: Instructions for Requesting Initial Housing Unit Inspection
Click on the ‘Inspection Requests’ link for submitting an initial section request. See figure 2.1 below. Then click on the ‘Inspection Request’ link. See figure 2.2 below.
Caution: This link should be used ONLY to request NEW inspection series and NOT to request a follow up to a series already in progress.
Choose “Initial” in the ‘Inspection Type’ drop down menu and click submit. See figure 3 below.
The form will load. Providers are only required to fill out the first 2 sections. However, completing the third section is highly recommended - see note indicated below. Click save at the bottom right of the screen once the form is filled out. See figure 4 below.
Note: The Provider should ensure the inspection information is as accurate as possible when the request is entered and submitted. Information about the household and any family members to be present is very helpful to the inspector prior to the inspection site visit. For example, the number of bedrooms, year the unit was built, or if there are any children under the age of 6 that will be residing in the unit.
The Comments section towards the bottom right on the form should be used to provide further context as to why the inspection is being requested. See figure 5 below.
There will a pop up indicating the data has been submitted – See figure 6.1 below, or a pop up indicating there is an error on the form – see step 6.
Incorrect data will result in a pop-up error message on the form. See figure 6.2 below and follow the detailed instructions.
Select the OK button to reset the screen. Check the boxes with asterisks to ensure all fields have data. Next, check the boxes with asterisks to ensure the information is in the correct format. Resubmit the information by selecting the Save button. If problems persist, contact technical support via email at Initials@mccright.com or via phone at 423-267-1300.
For tracking entries on a spreadsheet, click on the ‘Inspection Request Extract’ link, enter your date range, and click View. Then, click on the download results link. See figure 7 below.
Section 5: McCright Inspections Team Contact Information
Providers can contact the inspection provider's technical support staff at the email and telephone number provided below if further assistance is required.